Fishermen said it was hard to ascertain what they were.
Recycled materials, zero emissions; the investment has been hefty.
Previous reports have highlighted the degradation of the seabed and contamination by the wastewater network.
Cooperation between Mediterranean countries is crucial for addressing marine plastic pollution.
"We are now beginning to see the real ecological scale of all the impacts on the bay."
Together, we are all custodians of these islands. Buy local and protect what makes them special.
But what other changes are going on under the water?
"Plastic doesn’t sound very sexy, but it is an extremely important threat to our present and, more importantly, our future and it effects our daily lives on a huge scale."
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma