There have been fears that the boathouses might collapse.
The restoration is badly needed.
Samples are being examined.
Restoration of the pier will be along traditional lines.
There are around 150 boatsheds in Portocolom and most of them are in Riuetó and sa Bassa Nova.
The SASPA was anchored over posidonia off Portocolom.
The walkway will be totally natural without any concrete or tarmac.
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma