There have been fears that the boathouses might collapse.
The restoration is badly needed.
Samples are being examined.
Restoration of the pier will be along traditional lines.
There are around 150 boatsheds in Portocolom and most of them are in Riuetó and sa Bassa Nova.
The SASPA was anchored over posidonia off Portocolom.
The walkway will be totally natural without any concrete or tarmac.
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in " When we’re in Mallorca we also support the local economy"
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- One million Brits would benefit from 90-day rule being scrapped in Spain
- Mallorca hoteliers calling for eight-year sentences for British tourists' false claims
- Mallorca Bulletin Reader Offers