The Moors and Christians battle takes place this Friday at 19.00.
Data protection laws apply to cameras. Palma town hall, meanwhile, has said it will finance video surveillance.
Security cameras are needed for the Plaça Major lift and heritage sites.
Porto Cristo has had its high share of problems, such as with the walkway that attracts graffiti and rubbish.
In light of this week’s reports of anti-tourist graffiti in the area, the matter might be said to have assumed rather more significance.
"Recordings have supposedly been made contrary to the law and without authorisation. They have been made, therefore, totally illegally."
Northern News Spotlight
Incidents of theft as well as complaints regarding the number of illegal sellers and masseuses are reasons for considering the cameras.
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Michael Douglas banned from filling his Mallorca swimming pool
- Mallorca village “the most beautiful place in the world” but which?
- Don't miss what's available in this week's Classifieds!