An example of a commercial unit that has been rented out.
"These don't meet habitability regulations. At most they have a toilet."
What do you think is the best solution to this problem?
A development in Cala Romantica that was halted for more than ten years.
Opposition say there is no solution to the housing shortage.
The total investment is around 40 million euros.
Under half the registered number of empty properties there were two years ago.
Projects may have to stop until the situation normalises.
The rise in costs over the past six months is equivalent to that for the previous 13 years.
The draft legislation also targets the lack of accessible housing.
"This general budget will help all young Spaniards realise their life projects."
New homes are being built, but they are mostly for the high end of the market.
- Britons will have to pay to come to Mallorca from 2022
- More bad news for British residents driving in Spain
- Palma airport damaging Mallorca's image in the UK
- Tourist who dived into Magalluf pool was egged on by friends
- Enough is enough! Petition launched after UK driving licences banned in Spain for residents