To alleviate the dog's pain, an eye had to be removed.
More dogs are leaving (adopted and recovered) than are being taken in.
The volunteers allege that the most serious deficiencies include dirty cages, the risk of animals escaping and lack of soundproofing.
One of the youngsters offered to adopt the kitten but was told that it would have to be taken to the Son Reus animal centre.
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma