The suitability of a second booster jab for the entire population has been in doubt.
The government's aim is not to extend a state of emergency, which expires on May 9...
COVID-19 vaccinations administered
The age cap had been imposed because early clinical trials had featured very few people 65 or older.
The WHO, which this week reaffirmed its support for the shot that remains a centrepiece of its COVAX vaccine sharing programme.
People are inoculated against the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Spain
Our weekly contributor, Frank Leavers, shares what he does in lockdown to stay sane.
Covid-19 vaccine is halted
In the first wave some 20,000 residents were killed by the virus between March and May.
Spanish authorities have said a return to home confinement is not necessary.
A medical worker fills a syringe with a vaccine before administering an injection.
Employee Philipp Hoffmann, of German biopharmaceutical company CureVac, demonstrates research workflow on a vaccine for the coronavirus (COVID-19) disease at a laboratory in Tuebingen
An employee of German biopharmaceutical company CureVac, demonstrates research workflow on a vaccine for the coronavirus (COVID-19) disease at a laboratory in Tuebingen, Germany.
A woman holds a small bottle labeled with a "Coronavirus COVID-19 Vaccine" sticker and a medical syringe in front of displayed Pfizer logo.
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in "keeping a second home in Spain will no longer be viable."
- Fury in Spain over M&S's Chorizo/paella croquetas
- Boom in foreign real estate agencies in Mallorca's towns is over
- Mallorcan shot dead in Brazil was "executed"
- EasyJet adds two new UK-to-Mallorca routes for 2024