"Really extraordinary" figures, says the Balearic government.
Service sector is driving the employment recovery.
Unemployment coming down in Mallorca.
Unemployment down 37.9% compared with February last year.
Most unemployment in the Balearics is in services.
What does this quality employment imply? What do you think?
In construction, there were some 6,000 people out of work in November.
Prepandemic employment levels in Spain but the job market is still very fragile.
An increase in the number of employees on ERTE furlough.
But 40% higher unemployment than in July 2019.
The unemployment rate remains well above the 13.78% rate recorded before the pandemic hit Spain.
More people may be in work in the Balearics but for how long?
It will take several quarters yet for there to be genuine talk of reactivation.
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma