Five factors in determining working conditions.
The average salary in the Balearics is at a new "historical maximum".
The education system is partly to blame; it doesn't prepare young people for today's job market.
To the high cost of living can be added factors such as seeking greater personal fulfilment and the school dropout rate.
The government says that there is now an eight-month tourism season.
Labour reform has slashed the level of temporary hiring, but ...
Abuse of the trial period is said to disguise the fact that employers are hiring on a temporary basis.
Staff shortages have contributed to higher salaries.
In 2022, the islands had one of the highest increases in average salaries in the country.
Salaries in the hospitality sector are among the highest in Spain.
Employees had been promised that they would be back at work in April 2023; this is no longer the case.
Affordable accommodation for employees from the mainland is just one of the issues.
Unions wanting a permanent increase in the number of inspectors.
Lowest unemployment rate since 2007.
The tourism season has generated record employment.
The main concerns are for the first two quarters of 2023.
There are getting on for three times as many Italian workers as there are British.
Warning of clouds on the horizon because of soaring inflation
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma