Up to September, there were over one million more tourists than in the current record year of 2018.
17 million would shatter the previous annual record.
The Balearics remain on course to shatter annual tourist records.
July passenger numbers for the airports were all up.
Almost a quarter of all Spain's foreign tourists travelled to the Balearics in June.
Foreign tourism in the Balearics compared with 2019 was much higher than for the whole of Spain.
The combined total of foreign and national tourists in the Balearics in October was the highest ever.
Foreign tourism recovery in the Balearics has outstripped the European average by 15%.
Catalonia has been toppled from its traditional number one position in Spain.
- Palma's Via de Cintura cut off to save the lives of a group of disoriented dogs
- 'She-devil' leader of Mallorca gang ordered to prison
- The ham war of Palma's Olivar Market to go to court
- Which supermarkets are open on December 6 and 8?
- Leader of a gang who stole from trucks in Germany arrested in Mallorca