There have been accidents along the track - six in the past three years, including one death.
The two new routes will eventually create one circular route for the whole of Majorca.
Capdepera also has hiking routes, as does Costitx, where the emphasis is on the municipality's archaeological sites.
This type of tourism is of great interest because it is respectful of the environment and contributes to a lessening of the impact of seasonality.
"We have found that more and more people value the nature routes."
The initial approval for the development of this route, its control and activities that may occur along it was given as long ago as the start of December 2008.
- Two famous Vietnamese artists accused of raping a British teenager
- Irish tourist serious after Santa Ponsa hotel balcony fall
- "Make or brake" month for British drivers in the Balearics
- British arrivals to be fast-tracked at Palma Airport
- German tourists, waiters "held" Vietnamese artists until police arrived