It is unlikely that house prices will fall this year.
British buyers continued to make up the largest proportion of overseas property spending in the country in 2022.
Palma facing a serious housing problem.
"Landlords may benefit from tax incentives, such as deductions on rental income..."
“Access to decent housing at an affordable price is one of the main problems we have in the Balearics."
What do you think is the best solution to this problem?
A development in Cala Romantica that was halted for more than ten years.
Opposition say there is no solution to the housing shortage.
Under half the registered number of empty properties there were two years ago.
Projects may have to stop until the situation normalises.
The rise in costs over the past six months is equivalent to that for the previous 13 years.
The draft legislation also targets the lack of accessible housing.
"This general budget will help all young Spaniards realise their life projects."
New homes are being built, but they are mostly for the high end of the market.
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma