What do you think is the best solution to this problem?
A development in Cala Romantica that was halted for more than ten years.
Opposition say there is no solution to the housing shortage.
Under half the registered number of empty properties there were two years ago.
Projects may have to stop until the situation normalises.
The rise in costs over the past six months is equivalent to that for the previous 13 years.
The draft legislation also targets the lack of accessible housing.
"This general budget will help all young Spaniards realise their life projects."
New homes are being built, but they are mostly for the high end of the market.
It's a familiar story; the town hall is meanwhile wanting more public housing.
Empty properties for temporary urgent need.
Empty flats have been acquired from large property owners.
The government's housing policy will have the opposite effect to that which is intended.
Twenty-seven of the apartments are in Mallorca.
The Balearic government will expropriate 56 apartments belonging to banks and real-estate firms.
- Britons will have to pay to come to Mallorca from 2022
- More bad news for British residents driving in Spain
- Palma airport damaging Mallorca's image in the UK
- Tourist who dived into Magalluf pool was egged on by friends
- Enough is enough! Petition launched after UK driving licences banned in Spain for residents