The Korean bush mosquito.
Due to the hot and humid climate on the island they are currently multiplying.
Dynamic risk maps will be produced to enable a faster and more efficient response to mosquito-related health problems.
Preventing mosquito reproduction at Ses Fontanelles.
A larvicide kills only mosquito larvae; it doesn't affect other insects.
A tiger mosquito.
Tourists don't normally need to have to go to a health centre if they have mosquito bites.
The ministry says that there is a very low risk of transmission because of comparatively low mosquito numbers and activity at this time of the year.
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma