In the vast majority of cases, these are repeat offenders.
Municipalities without high police resources are where there tend to be most positive tests.
The radars are to advise drivers about their speed, not fine them.
The new barriers will be steel but covered with wood.
The protest followed a fatal accident on Christmas Eve, caused by a driver going at high speed.
The campaign is initially about awareness. Later, there will be fines.
Results of a survey into tourism sustainability raised a question as to how the public interprets "sustainability", Palma's terraces were becoming a battleground once more, road safety was highlighted with a tragic death and there were some odd poles in the Tramuntana.
"Sadly, this accident has been waiting to happen. Nearby we’ve got a family hotel and kite surf school, so adults and children are constantly crossing the road to get to the beach."
- British residents unable to drive in Spain from Friday, licence exchange process still flawed
- One of the world’s largest super yachts went "missing" after leaving Mallorca
- Taylor Swift jets in for Mallorca wedding
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- Eyewitness account when two planes collided on the tarmac at Palma airport in Mallorca