Research concludes that Blue Flags do not improve beaches
Beaches in the Balearics were analysed; Blue Flags do not make a positive contribution in geo-environmental terms.
An "avalanche" of test tourists: the week in Majorca
2,000 test tourists had suddenly become 11,000; we learned that we'll be dispensing with half a metre; and flags of different colours were flying at beaches.
Flags, quality marks and Covid
Phase 2 and all that will mean that Majorca's beaches are open again - properly open, that is.
New Blue Flags for the Balearics
Three new Blue Flags for Majorcan beaches; Can Pere Antoni in Palma loses its.
No increase in the number of Blue Flags in the Balearics
For 2017 in Majorca specifically, there will be 32 flags for beaches as well as the fourteen for ports.
Cruising, cycling, chaotic beaches: the week in Majorca
There were more ships than ever, while cyclists (and events) continued to cause debate and the Catalan language also proved to be a debating point.
Row breaks out over loss of Blue Flags
As three of the lost flags are in Palma, there has been a call for the censure of the Emaya services agency, the councillor Neus Truyol.
Balearics loses 12 Blue Flags this year
Gone are three in Palma as well as Camp de Mar in Andratx.
- Marga Prohens, the centre right politician who spent her summers in Southampton, looks set to be new Balearic President
- Six-year-old girl falls from a third floor in Palma
- Oprah Winfrey in Mallorca holiday
- Monday's weather in Mallorca - alerts for rain and thunderstorms
- It´s not fare. Palma taxi problems mount