This is tourist tax revenue that went unused.
Calls for tourists to pay more taxes to holiday in the Balearics.
Local residents already have to pay some of the highest taxes in Spain.
Spanish tourism leaders have sounded a warning about losing millions of Britons if the European Union introduced the new tourist tax.
Concerns over another tax added to those already charged by destinations like the Balearics.
The British and the Spanish are not that keen.
117 years old, the Mallorca Tourist Board has opposed tourist taxes on four different occasions.
Fresh drive to increase the tourist tax.
No tourist tax money for tourism projects.
Tourist tax will be frozen in the Balearics next year.
Can Serra was bought by the Balearic government with revenue from the old ecotax.
Approval has been given for 170 projects.
The PP are already gearing up for the 2023 elections.
Why was a tourist tax introduced in the first place?
Tourist tax revenue had been earmarked for Alaro Castle.
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Michael Douglas banned from filling his Mallorca swimming pool
- Mallorca village “the most beautiful place in the world” but which?
- Don't miss what's available in this week's Classifieds!