Throughout the night, the rescue teams searched tirelessly for the lost hiker, locating a small light on a steep wall.
In early January last year, there were major problems in Escorca.
When thousands of people go to the mountains, the telecom system is overloaded.
Escorca's population fell by four.
Escorca was collapsing.
The main road was closed because of further snow.
Further snow on Tuesday; the town hall says it will prevent access once all parking spaces are taken.
Escorca's mayor highlights more traffic chaos in the mountains.
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in "keeping a second home in Spain will no longer be viable."
- Fury in Spain over M&S's Chorizo/paella croquetas
- Boom in foreign real estate agencies in Mallorca's towns is over
- EasyJet adds two new UK-to-Mallorca routes for 2024
- Mallorcan shot dead in Brazil was "executed"