The rescue group was reduced to eight as it set off from Cúber.
It was 1956; sixty workers were trapped on the Puig Major.
"The unsettled weather will continue into the weekend..."
Snow in the mountains on Saturday; possibility of some more on Sunday.
Snow has fallen on the Three Kings Day.
An Atlantic cold is forecast to reach the Balearics on Friday.
Snow on the Puig Major this time last year.
Still some evidence of the winter's heavy snow.
No snow of any significance since the start of March.
From Easter Wednesday onwards, there could be a significant change in the weather.
Thousands of fallen trees need to be cleared before the forest fire season.
Snow on Mallorca's mountains as seen from Ciutadella in Minorca.
Engineers still moving mountains of snow.
A waterlogged field reflects the snow on the mountains.
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma