Fires at two Palma restaurants
Terrace facilities at the restaurants were seriously damaged.
Fire kills six at Spanish retirement home
The cause of the fire was being investigated by the fire department and police.
German pyromaniac remanded in custody
There had been three minor fires in Esporles woodland in the days prior to his arrest.
Detectives, Airbnb and fires: the week in Majorca
Private detectives were heading for Majorca, the university defended Airbnb, Palma was back on the bikini trail, Magalluf was being favoured, and fires greeted the start of the fire-prevention campaign.
Residents want Son Serra to become part of Llevant Nature Park
The call is being made in order to improve forest management and prevent fires like the ones in the summer.
Saturation and assassination: the week in Majorca
Politicians were having us believe you can't move for tourists in Majorca, while they were also lining up action against car rental. Magalluf wasn't getting any better. And there was a shocking murder in Costa de la Calma.
Capdepera has the highest level of forest fire recurrence
Remote-sensing satellite images provide a good tool for mapping forest fires and enable the identification of areas at the greatest risk.
- Balearic Easter holiday plans could go up in smoke thanks to the French
- Thursday's weather in Mallorca
- Taxi drivers warning of "monumental traffic jams" in Palma this summer
- Ex-Pollensa mayor still under investigation for removal of beach terrace
- Proposal for automated noise control for Mallorca holiday rentals