All fully-vaccinated Britons can travel to Europe without pre-departure tests.
Many consumers are still booking flights at the last minute.
British Airways aircraft are parked at Heathrow Airport.
A passenger aircraft descends to land at Heathrow Airport in London.
Regional health ministers have been urging the German government to adopt tougher rules.
British travellers will only be admitted to Spain with proof of vaccination.
Pilots union demanding an opening of routes to Mallorca and other European holiday destinations.
Boris Johnson didn't wish to give any "hostages to fortune" by making promises on foreign travel.
Britain introduces hotel quarantine programme for arrivals from a "red list" of 30 countries, in London
A traveller arrives at Heathrow Airport, as Britain introduces hotel quarantine programme for arrivals from a "red list" of 30 countries, in London.
A passenger stands in an almost empty check-in area at Gatwick Airport, amid the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, in Crawley in this file photo.
- Storm warning in the Balearics for tomorrow..heatwave is over (for now)
- Prison for thirteen German tourists
- 400 tourist establishments could be converted into residential accommodation
- Non vaccinated Britons can now travel to Mallorca
- Mayor of Calvia: We want tourists to enjoy themselves, discover Calvia and all that it offers but we want them to behave. Rowdy behaviour will not be tolerated,”