Slight fall in holiday bookings to Mallorca.
Bookings have been made much earlier than in recent years because of fears that there might not be availability.
According to On the Beach, Ibiza is proving to be particularly popular this winter.
Tots per Pollença, led by former mayor Tomeu Cifre Ochogovia, have now drawn attention to concerns about bookings for the resort.
In the UK, if people have not booked their summer holiday to Majorca yet, they are going to be hard pushed to find accommodation.
The most economic of the four islands, reveals Trip Advisor, is Majorca.
“A lot of hoteliers are running at high occupancy in places like the Balearics but prices have gone up and it is just pricing certain families out.”
The travel industry knows that movies and TV series shot on locations can influence holiday bookings and this summer Majorca is reaping the rewards of just that.
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma