A child cools off in a water fountain on Monday in the Parque de les Estacións in Palma, on a day marked by high temperatures.
People enjoy the weather on the beach as temperature hits 30C (86F) across parts of the UK this weekend, in Seaford.
The Met Office has issued a red alert due to high temperatures over the next few days over the Balearics
The Met Office has issued a red alert due to high temperatures over the next few days over the Balearics.
"Even higher temperatures tomorrow...."
Friday and Saturday are going to be very hot.
Aemet is forecasting highs in the mid-30s, climbing to 38C on Sunday.
Electricity demand is at record levels, and the health service is on maximum alert to deal with the effects of the heat.
The first week of August is going to be particularly hot.
All town halls were warned yesterday that the risk of forest fires across the Balearics is extremely high this weekend.
The forecast for today until Thursday is for highs of up to 35C in Majorca's interior.
The Aemet meteorology agency points out that September records have been broken in parts of Majorca.
Thursday will be another exceptionally hot day in Majorca, Aemet meteorology forecasting highs of 37C inland.
Highs of 37 and 38C are being forecast for the weekend.
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma