The problem of pirate taxis flares up every summer at Palma airport.
“Only use official registered or licensed taxis" is the advice from the British government.
There have been complaints about a shortage of taxis in the summer.
The tariff rate is indicated next to the taxi sign on the car's roof.
The taxi's illuminated tariff rate was not the correct one.
An empty taxi rank in the very centre of Palma.
Still not enough taxis in Palma.
The nighttime service in Palma is likely to suffer shortages.
Agreement to a trial period for the number of passengers that minibuses can pick up.
There is to be a meeting between representatives of the taxi and minibus drivers on Friday.
Palma town hall and the Balearic government need to adopt measures to end problems.
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma