“Only use official registered or licensed taxis" is the advice from the British government.
There was a national campaign last month against driver distractions.
The city's Ombudsman believes that tighter regulations are the way to go rather than heavier fines.
The HOV lane came into operation at the start of November last year.
Cyclists have also been caught breaking the traffic rules.
The traffic restrictions ended on September 15.
Santa Margalida town hall has introduced new ordinance for the "correct" use of beaches.
Spanish Covid travel rules due to change on May 15
Fines for breaching urban regulations, working without a licence or not passing a technical buildings inspection came to 512,000.
Police in Palma.
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma