The 30 km/h limit has been operational in Palma for several months.
A new national regulation for 30 km/h speed limit on urban roads.
There are normally around a thousand fines for speeding a month.
The first of the lanes is now operational.
Mobility councillor Francesc Dalmau (left) with mayor, José Hila.
A lane for roads with two or more lanes in both directions.
Will the lower speed limit reduce jams?
There has been a good deal of opposition to the lower speed limit.
Lower speed limit on the Via Cintura.
Electric or E-scooters are becoming increasingly popular in cities across Spain.
- Britons will have to pay to come to Mallorca from 2022
- More bad news for British residents driving in Spain
- Palma airport damaging Mallorca's image in the UK
- Tourist who dived into Magalluf pool was egged on by friends
- Enough is enough! Petition launched after UK driving licences banned in Spain for residents