"Botellón" street drinking is banned.
Ten years ago, a bylaw included provision for community service, but this wasn't put into effect.
The "macrobotellón" went on for almost twelve hours.
There were gatherings in the port area.
The first Friday night since the ban on nighttime social gatherings was lifted.
Police deployments in "hotspots"; industrial estates closed to traffic.
The "botellón" is banned, and there are now tougher penalties.
Restaurant and nightlife sectors calling for a reopening of nightlife venues.
The ban on gatherings between 1am and 6am would seem to have had a beneficial effect.
There will be a similar police operation on Saturday night.
There were five "macrobotellones" in Palma.
Iago Negueruela stresses that the "botellón" is in any event prohibited.
Sineu's "Much" party, which goes on all day and is this coming Sunday, is one of the largest gatherings of people (mostly young) for any fiesta event.
- Helicopter crashes on ring road, three injured
- Woman seriously injured after being attacked by three pit bulls in Mallorca
- Demolition catches Son Banya drug dealers unawares
- Cala d'Or is UK’s top travel destination for 2024 as Mallorca remains number one
- Motorcyclist dies after head-on collision with a truck