Mallorca enjoyed a fine start to the year.
Temperatures will fall in the Balearics this weekend.
The weather will be unsettled over the coming days as we near the weekend.
Climate change is fuelling increasingly destructive extremes.
Parts of Palma's seafront has been closed due to the high winds.
Another storm will follow on Saturday.
Strong winds and heavy rain on its way.
Wet and windy end to the week in Mallorca.
Storms caused extensive damage in Mallorca.
The bad weather has meant that Spanish and foreign airlines have been forced to reschedule their flights.
Balearic opposition party has accused government of being absent during the storm.
Key members of the Balearic government were at a political party event on the mainland.
"I've never experienced anything like this in all my travels!"
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma