The fight in the cell was apparently to do with agreeing sentencing.
The family home of Marcus Cooper Walz was one among a number where robberies were committed.
"Why would I have been stealing when I had 500,000 euros in the bank?"
The robbers had various weapons.
Three people were arrested and two were ordered to prison.
The robberies were mainly over the festive period.
4,000 euros and a BB gun were stolen.
The Guardia Civil believe that the robbery had been planned.
The assault happened right by the Prosecutor's Office.
A 51-year-old was beaten up; his watch and phone were stolen.
3,200 euros were stolen from the club.
Acquittal had to be possible as the jury's verdict did not have the necessary majority.
"At night there is a lot of fear, there is a lot of crime."
From early in the morning, a Guardia Civil helicopter hovered over Sa Pobla.
A member of a gang said to have committed violent robberies at gunpoint.
Around 1,000 euros in coins were stolen.
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Michael Douglas banned from filling his Mallorca swimming pool
- Mallorca village “the most beautiful place in the world” but which?
- Don't miss what's available in this week's Classifieds!