The summer restrictions for Formentor could be just the first.
Authorised or illegal, residents want an end to races.
"Criminals racing at full speed ... just to show that they are in charge."
The tranquillity of the mountains is often shattered by motor sport events.
Mayors in the Tramuntana have made regular complaints about events held in the mountains.
The woman lost her balance and fell some ten metres.
The Tramuntana Mountains, increasingly more popular.
Overcrowding and signage - two issues of concern in the Tramuntana Mountains.
It's no longer just the illegal motorbikes races in the mountains; there is reckless car driving as well.
Exclusion zones in the Tramuntana Mountains are where protected species have their nests.
The Gorg Blau was once a torrent stream that attracted tourists from the late nineteenth century.
Speeding and illegal races have been issues for years.
The new refuge will become part of the network of shelters on the Dry-Stone Route.
There are times when visitor numbers in the mountains are especially high.
- Massive security operation for Christmas in Mallorca
- Michael Douglas has a fortune of 350 million dollars, Mallorca home is one of his key assets
- Penguins land in Mallorca
- Mallorca security services on red alert for Spain-Morocco World Cup clash
- "The main economy in the Balearics has become the real-estate business"